Welcome to hypal
Hypal is a user-friendly tool which is capable of automatic and semi-automatic alignment
of parallel texts. The automatic alignment is primarily performed based on statistics
and can be made more accurate by comparing dictionary correspondences
. The alignment algorithm is analytical and therefore does not have to be trained. Furthermore, the alignment time scales linearly with the length of the parallel texts. More information about the alignment algorithm can be found in the author's Bachelor thesis,
- Obrusník, A. A hybrid approach to parallel text alignment. Bachelor thesis. Masaryk University, 2013.
In addition, hypal has extensive error tagging capabilities
. Error tagging with a custom error tagset can be performed directly in the browser, both on monolingual and parallel corpora
Theses based on hypal
In the past years, there have been several theses taking advantage of Hypal's functionality.
- Šutariková, B. Terminology of Annual Reports a Corpus Based Study. Bachelor thesis. Masaryk University, 2013.
- Štěpánková, K. Learner Translation Corpus: CELTraC. Bachelor thesis. Masaryk University, 2014.
- Ambrožová, R. Between True and False Friends: Corpus Analysis of Students' Translations. Master thesis. Masaryk University, 2014.
- Pokorná, P. An Analysis of Czenglish in an Error Tagged Learner Corpus. Master thesis. Masaryk University, 2014.
- Javora, Š. Defining an Error Typology: the Case of CELTraC. Bachelor thesis. Masaryk University, 2016.
- Matusevich, I. Quantitative Methods in Error Analysis on the Example of Errors in Academic Writing by Czech Advanced Learners of English. Master thesis. Masaryk University, 2016.
- Štěpánková, K. Learner Translation Corpora in Translation Teaching: CELTraC Analysis and Applications. Master thesis. Masaryk University, 2016.
- Dordová, L. Translation into English: A Case Study of a Czech Museum. Master thesis. Masaryk University, 2016.
The student interface of hypal can be embedded to any other webpage (including e-learning systems such as Moodle) using the following html code:
frameborder="0" style="border: 1px solid #EAEAEA;">